This morning I was lacking inspiration both with what to post about, and how to do my makeup! This happens a lot when I wear a neutral colour like black or white :P. Recently I'd been wearing more neutrals like bronze/gold/brown, but I wanted to break out of my rut - so naturally I turned to twitter for suggestions. The lovely ladies on my feed suggested pink and purple, so off I went! I love this look and am happy I delved back into the bright part of my stash again, but the look also made me think of a predominant theme in my life: the colour pink.
Pink is everywhere in my life, a recurring theme I am always willing to indulge, from clothing, to electronics, to makeup (of course). So I thought I'd use this post to examine the colour's role in my life...
My two favourite dresses this summer! I adore all shades of pink, but my most favourite is bright fuschia - I love subtle, blush coloured shades almost as much :) I picked up the pink dress at Winners (which is a store similar to TJ Maxx), and the light pink dress at H&M. Hot pink makes me think of beaches, light pink makes me think of tea parties. I love both of these dresses :D
Beloved bags. I collect Tokidoki and will 95% be using a Tokidoki bag, but when I saw this Betseyville purse at Winners I couldn't resist - I loved the colour, the ribbon detailing, and the straps were a super comfy fit on my shoulder! The pink Citta Rosa Zucca was one of my first Tokidoki purchases, and probably my luckiest - I paid 60$ for it from a girl in Calgary on Kijiji... I have not got such a good deal on a Tokidoki bag since, sadly :P
My 'on-the-go' items? Pink Harajuku Lovers flats (I love these, and got these at Winners too - it's one of my favourite stores when I'm in the mood to sift through lots of items), pink sunglasses (I think I got these a couple of years ago) and my brand new Acer netbook - all the same shade :D.
I do wear other colours (I swear) but pink is the colour that makes me happiest. Doing my makeup today, I was immediately in a MUCH better mood once I finished, despite the fact that it was grey and drizzly outside.
Close-up of my eye makeupProducts Used:
UDPP+MAC Paint Pot Nice Vice for Base
Sugarpill Pressed Eyeshadows in Dollipop and Poison Plum
Yaby Pearl Paints in PP056 Dragon Fruit, PP047 Eggplant, PP045 Passion Fruit
Sugarpill Tako Pressed Eyeshadow + Lumi Loose Eyeshadow to hilight
Anastasia Espresso Brow Powder + Clear Brow Gel
DollyWink Liquid Liner
UD 24/7 Liner in Zero, Lust
Fairy Drops Mascara
Dior Hydraction Tinted Moistuizer #3
NARS Madly Powder Blush
Chanel Rouge Coco #11 Legende
Honestly you could probably do this with fewer eyeshadows but I was playing around, and I love this look! The how-to for the eyes:
1) Apply an eyeshadow base; I use UDPP and a MAC Paint Pot to intensify the colour
2) Apply Sugarpill's Dollipop (a matte, hot pink) all over lid, stopping just above the crease
3) Place Sugarpill's Poison Plum (a mostly-matte purple) in the outer corner and into the crease. Blend lightly into Dollipop
4) Apply Yaby PP056 Dragon Fruit (a shimmery hot pink) over Dollipop; PP045 Passion Fruit (a shimmery lilac) to the middle of your lid, and PP047 Eggplant (a shimmery dark purple) into the crease - this adds some shine and some dimension to the matte shadows. Feel free to bypass this step if you want a more matte look
5) Line top lash line with a liquid black liner - I use DollyWink, lower waterline with a black liner (UD 24/7 in Zero) and then lower lash line with a purple liner (UD 24/7 in Lust)
6) Apply mascara, fill in your brows
I may have to seek inspiration from Twitter more often :) I'll definitely be doing this look again in the future.