Friday, June 11, 2010

Colour Tag + Dior Tailleur Bar + Revlon Colourburst Lipsticks


Working and a few days of rainy, grey weather certainly impact my desire and ability to blog! I think I am more productive when I have a few days off and it's SUNNY, so I feel like taking pictures, haha. Yesterday was grey and rainy but brighter than it had been (plus I had time to dither over a makeup look), but of course, I lacked 'inspiration'... so I turned to Yumeko who I was happy to catch online, and she suggested grey and pink :)


The above FOTD was REALLY hard to take a picture of. You know I tend to take quick webcam pics, but for whatever reason the natural lighting in my room made me look about 10 shades paler (neck AND face) than I normally am, so ... I actually dug out my camera.

Yesterday was also the first time I tried out Skinfood's Peach Sake BB Cream in #2, and the colour match looks OK... but I think I need to try it again on a sunny day (today it looks like it might be the day!). I am slowly, SLOWLY trying to find a replacement for my beloved Dior Hydraction TM #3, which has unfortunately been discontinued. For reference, I am NC35-40 :). This also smells fantastic - I am hoping it works well because I like the idea of smelling like peaches (though the smell does dissipate quite quickly).

This FOTD uses:
Skinfood Peach Sake BB Cream #2
MUFE HD Blush #6 + MAC Tippy
Dior Graphic Lights Iridescent Quint
Dior Argentic Eyeshadow Single
Dollywink Liquid Eyeliner + Korres black pencil liner (I couldn't find my UD Zero, but I don't like this unfortunately)
Fairydrops Mascara
Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in Carnation


About the lipsticks... they've been all over the blogging community so of course I was searching for them as soon as I'd read the positive reviews... sadly everything comes out a few weeks later in Canada! Finally tracked them down at Rexall and picked up a few to try out; so far I like them! They are decently pigmented (one or two swipes), don't seem too trying, and are scentless and tasteless (to me). I wouldn't call them moisturizing - after about 2 hours I applied some gloss on top as my lips felt dry. The packaging is OK... designed similarly to the Chanel Rouge Cocos but not as luxurious (of course)! Rexall is having a 50% off of lip products this weekend so I think I will pick up a few more! This is a good range if you want to try bold colours but don't want to spend $$ on a high-end brand: they had a few bright reds, and a fuschia which I purchased but have not figured out how to wear yet. I'm more a medium pink girl :)

And lastly...


!!

I know I always say that I will never buy a palette that is so pretty I'd never use it, but when I saw the special production Dior Tailleur Bar at Rouge Deluxe it was an instant 'I MUST HAVE THIS'... and it wasn't available in Canada :P

I've met some amazingly, lovely, considerate girls through makeup blogs, and one of them was kind enough to go and track this down for me! I am in LOVE. The palette is so gorgeous, and the makeup look that's included is a lovely smokey grey look... but I am afraid of ruining the picture! It will be months (perhaps years) before I work up the nerve to touch a brush - or even my fingers - to the shadows, but right now it makes me happy to open it, admire it, and grin. The set also came with a new Serum de Rouge colour (I really need to do a post on these) in a nice light pink - I believe the Serum de Rouge is actually a permanent edition being released in the fall (found on A Touch of Blusher). So I will definitely be using the lipstick... while I sigh over this palette!

4 comments:

  1. you bought the colourburst!! i love some of their colours and carnation is pretty!!*added into my list*..shall wait for drugstore sale!..you got the dior!! super pretty....i wun use it too hahaprobably will have a shrine of its own..but its a little wasteful though..XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. tat is an amazingly gorgeous palette!!!

    and weee thank u for writing abt those lippies
    i was wondering if they be drying as well

    the packaging for revlon is gorgeous isnt it?

    i looove tagging u with colors
    i will do a gray pink look too. will see if i can drag Iris to do it too heeheeee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your eye makeup! It looks great on you. Lovely stuffs you got here:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is sooooooooooooooooooooooo beautiful!

    ReplyDelete